I know so many times in life, we just need encouragement, somebody to say, it’s gonna work out.
Girlfriend? I’ve had the lowest of days. So broken inside it felt like my heart would just suffocate. The tightness in my chest took my breath away.
Can I tell you a secret?
There’s this scripture passage that I’ve loved since my late teens. It’s a little mystical and feels a little abstract, but it’s real.
I’ve been reading it over and over ever since then and it’s literally new and warming to my soul every time.
It’s simple in that, it just talks about the power of prayer. It lets us know that if we stay in the shelter of the Father, He will literally cover us.
We literally have to make His presence our dwelling place and what ever is not His will for our lives will fall by the way side. The brokenness, the loniliness, the fear and the shame will melt away. Being in His presence has the power to do that. Believe me.
My love, if you are feeling low today, like the world is spinning out of control all around you, be encouraged.
Here are my personal 5 steps to finding the peace I need to make it day to day. As you begin to master these steps, I promise you, you’ll begin to enter each day knowing that everything will indeed be okay.
1. Take a moment to bow your head. Where ever you may be, just stop to call on Jesus. Girl, I’m telling you, I have to do it randomly sometimes. I’ve gotta stay in a constant state of prayer and meditation. Sis, it’s HOW I have my mind in this crazy world! Call on Him.
2. Get in a space of gratitude and praise. Take a moment to acknowledge Him. Talk to him. Get in a space of thankfulness. You’re alive. You have breath. Begin to name what He’s done for you. Name what He’s doing right now. Look around you, look inside, look up. Sometimes when my life is feeling crazy, I get thankful for things outside. Trees, a sky, a sun, birds. What ever you have to do, get thankful.
3. Tell Him the truth! Be real. Explain what you’re feeling and ASK Him how to fix it. I tend to find that when I ask, He’s just as specific in His answer. Be specific with your prayers.
4. Get quiet babe. Keep your head bowed, keep the phone off and just listen. He speaks. He will answer you. You may have to be quiet for a while. (I’ve been quiet for months at a time.) If you really want an answer, quiet your life. Move things out of the way. Make room. There is a “posture” of “listening”. It just means, “Lord, I’m making my ears available to you with out distraction”.
I’ve cleared out my closet to just a minimalist wardrobe. I’ve taken apps off of my phone to do away with certain distractions. I’ve simply put my phone on silent to stop sudden interruption. Get quiet. This is one of my TOP ways to hearing from the Father. Hush your life.
5. Get obedient. Write down what you hear and follow the instruction. I can’t tell you how many issues we avoid by doing what He says. It may not be easy, but God is a problem solver. If you really want the peace and the joy you ask for, follow His instruction. It’s for your good.
Now I know these 5 steps aren’t super easy, but they’ve worked for me in the darkest hours and I know they will work for you. Take the bonus step below and watch your world turn around.
Screenshot this scripture passage. Memorize it and repeat it to yourself when times feel low.
Psalms 91:1-9 (KJV)
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
I hope this helps. There’s a smile that belongs to you. Everything’s gonna be ok.
I love you so,